About Dr. Kerr
Your choice of plastic surgeon sets the foundation for your entire plastic surgery experience. When established on sound principles, you will likely feel confident about your decisions and secure about your outcomes. If you're looking for an Austin area board-certified plastic surgeon, be sure to consider Dr. Mahlon Kerr.
Are you ready to find out more about Dr. Kerr? Request a complimentary consultation online with him or call his office in Round Rock at (512) 244-1444. He serves patients from Austin and neighboring Texas communities like Cedar Park, Leander, and Pflugerville.
Achieving a Vision
Raised on a small ranch in Southern Oregon, Dr. Kerr's rural upbringing was nurtured by fresh air, good people, and open spaces. He discovered the Texas hill country during medical school and fell in love with the area and the lifestyle. He made it a personal goal to return one day to practice cosmetic plastic surgery in Austin, TX. After extensive education and training, which included a 5-year combined plastic and reconstructive surgery residency, Dr. Kerr did just that. With his wife, Ashley, he laid down roots in the growing community of Round Rock, Texas. They consider it the perfect area in which to build a practice and a family.
In addition to the satisfaction he gains from helping people achieve their aesthetic vision, Dr. Kerr appreciates life in other ways. Over the years, he has provided reconstructive surgical services as part of humanitarian missions in Mexico and Venezuela. He also spends free time with his wife enjoying a variety of outdoor activities like boating and scuba diving.
Synergy – What's in a Name?
When evaluating the many plastic surgeons in and around Austin, Texas, it's enlightening to hear from the doctors themselves. Dr. Kerr's passions and priorities as a surgeon are demonstrated in the reasons he chose the name "Synergy" for his practice. In his words:
"The definition of the word 'synergy' is the enhanced results of many parts working together, which represents many things to me:
- For my training, it reflects the multiple years I spent learning to operate at different hospitals from a multitude of master surgeons, all of which have contributed to my personal technique and skill.
- In our office, it means the entire team working together to create a warm and inviting environment for our patients, where each person is playing their part to enhance the overall experience.
- In surgery, it means offering the most reliable, modern, and proven techniques that work together to produce the best results possible for each individual patient.
I called my practice 'Synergy' to reflect more than myself, but rather all the people and procedures that work together with me to enhance each patient's appearance and self-confidence through plastic surgery."
Impressive Training & Qualifications
Dr. Kerr is an innovative and talented board-certified plastic surgeon with a passion for finding solutions to each patient's cosmetic concerns. You can review his curriculum vitae (CV) for extensive details about his training, qualifications, and professional accomplishments. His medical education includes:
- Combined Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Residency: University of Utah Division of Plastic Surgery, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- General Surgery Internship: University of Nevada Department of Surgery, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Medical Degree (MD): Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, Oregon.
When entrusting your appearance to a surgeon, it is critical to have clear, open communication. You need to know that your goals are understood and respected. You also need the surgeon to help you develop realistic expectations.
Dr. Kerr prides himself on being a "regular guy" who takes the time to provide information and answer questions. Patients see him as stand-out among Austin area plastic surgeons, someone who is conscientious, approachable, and completely unintimidating. Upon meeting him, they feel at ease and are therefore able to open up and freely discuss their aesthetic goals. Read what our patients say about Dr. Kerr at www.drmahlonkerrreviews.com
Find Dr. Kerr on Google +