Choosing to move forward with any type of surgical procedure can be quite intimidating. There are many uncertainties that can influence your decision like recovery, as well as the time of year that you undergo your procedure. Factors like weather or the holidays can affect your recovery time and aftercare. For this reason, being informed about how these factors can affect your surgical outcome can help your entire experience run smoothly, starting with procedure planning all the way to recovery!
Electing When to Get Plastic Surgery
When you decide to undergo a plastic surgery procedure is totally up to you and your surgeon. A luxury offered by elective plastic surgery is that you can delay the procedure for numerous months, even years – or, depending on you and your surgeon’s schedules, you can jump right in!
Some patients opt for scheduling their surgical procedure during the summer. There are various reasons that surgery during this time of year could be best for you, such as:
- More flexibility in your schedules or time off work. Often teachers, those with seasonal jobs, or parents with kids on summer vacation find that summertime offers more freedom and time to focus on resting and healing after a surgical procedure.
- Preparing for the holidays. Healing from surgery can take anywhere between 3 weeks to 3 months depending on the procedure(s) and your unique anatomy. Some patients may opt for surgery during the summer to ensure their results are achieved prior to the holiday season.
- Light clothing while healing. While recovering from surgery, wearing lighter clothing can feel more comfortable on incisions sites, in comparison to winter clothing such as heavy sweaters.
- The weather is more favorable for travel. Synergy Plastic Surgery has clinical facilities in Austin, Westlake, and Round Rock TX, offering our expertise to those as far as San Antonio and the surrounding area. Often, patients travel from outside the state after a virtual consultation in order to proceed with their surgical journey! Traveling in and around Texas is easiest during the summer months, unlike the winter months which can offer unexpected winter storms, snow, etc.
Alternatively, others decide to schedule their surgery during the winter months. Benefits of opting to undergo an elective procedure during this time of year include:
- Time off work due to the holidays. Depending on the profession, some may find it easier to receive time off work during the holiday season. Whether it is due to a more flexible holiday schedule at work, or more leniency in time off requests during the holidays, the winter season can offer flexibility to heal and rest for those that have more demanding work schedules throughout the year.
- Healing during the winter. Texas heat is everlasting and, if we are lucky, sometimes it tapers down in the winter months! Healing during the colder months can be beneficial due to the decrease of sun exposure, which can affect scarring, as well as the likelihood of sweating and overheating during the healing process.
- Summer body ready. Patients who opt for surgery during the winter can ensure that their results are achieved by the summer months, helping you get ahead of the game and summer body ready!
Regardless of the season, there are undoubtedly several benefits to scheduling your plastic surgery procedure during your preferred time of the year, tailoring your surgical procedure around your work, social, or recreational activities. Naturally, there is no perfect date for every patient to undergo plastic surgery, however there is certainly a best time for you!
For patients who wish to avoid surgical procedures during certain times of the year, Synergy Plastic Surgery is proud to offer our state-of-the-art laser center and MedSpa, which can help you reach your aesthetic goals with no surgery and little to no down time – or until you are ready to proceed with surgery! Non-surgical treatments can include BOTOX ®, dermal filler injections, as well as laser treatments. Normally, these treatments can be accomplished in under one hour, and have essentially little to no down time.
While injections can rarely cause a small bruise for some patients, our experienced and skilled medical staff recommend that you avoid aspirin and ibuprofen products two weeks before undergoing these treatments to avoid these concerns. Patients normally resume normal daily activity immediately after their appointment.
The most convenient benefit of non-invasive MedSpa procedures is that it will never interfere with your daily work schedule, exercise regimen, or social plans! Furthermore, BOTOX results can last 3-4 months, while some dermal fillers can last longer than a year. This grants patients more than enough time until their surgical procedure. Learn more about how to prepare for non-invasive treatments here!
Ultimately, the timing of your scheduled surgery has no effect on the results of your surgical procedure! Our board-certified plastic surgeons operate year-round, and our patients are equally thrilled with their results, regardless of the time of year they choose to have their surgery.
Since we perform several surgical procedures throughout the year, the best time for you to move forward with cosmetic surgery will ultimately depend on whatever time works best with your schedule, while factoring in recovery time as well availability of assistance post-op.
You can always schedule a consultation with one of our skilled board-certified plastic surgeons at Synergy Plastic Surgery to get the process started, online or in person! Our surgeons work closely with you to determine your personalized plan of action for surgery, including the timing, in order to reach your aesthetic goals with the timing that works best for you! If you are ready to move forward with your procedure, call (512) 244-1444 or request your complimentary consultation online with one of our plastic surgeons and unlock your Synergy Experience today!
Leave a Reply