When women come to me or my colleagues for breast augmentation with implants at our Austin, TX, plastic surgery practice, we want their experience to be as rewarding as possible, and we take great care to make sure that’s the case. If you’re considering the procedure, there are a few steps you can take to make your surgical journey especially smooth and pleasant.
In this blog post, I’ll discuss a few things you can do (and avoid doing) to get the most out of your breast augmentation experience.
- Be honest at your consultation. Being sincere and upfront about your goals gives your surgeon a better chance to successfully achieve them. Feel free to ask any questions and be clear about the look you’re going for—we’re eager to help.
- Do your research. It’s a great idea to familiarize yourself with implant options, including material, placement, and incision location, ahead of your appointment. While your surgeon will provide all the information you’ll need at your consultation, heading into the discussion with an idea of what you’re looking for will help guide the conversation. You can start by reading this blog post on customizing your implants.
- Keep an open mind. Be ready to discuss the preferences you’re leaning toward, but also know your surgeon will have plenty of informed and experienced advice to offer as well. Depending on your concerns, we may even recommend other or additional procedures that will better help you achieve the look you’re going for, such as a breast lift.
- Follow our guidelines. Stick closely to any instructions we give you for preparation and recovery, from physical prep to returning to exercise, etc. Following these guidelines will help you heal successfully and achieve the best, longest-lasting results.
- Don’t do it for someone else. You should never pursue breast augmentation for the sake of making someone else happy. This should be a choice you make for yourself. Before you move forward with the process, take a moment to check that pressure from an outside source isn’t influencing your decision.
- Don’t focus on replicating someone else’s results. While it’s great to draw inspiration from friends or celebrities, keep in mind that the look that suits you best may differ from the sizing you’ve seen on other people. A skilled surgeon will share personalized recommendations with you to help you achieve your aesthetic goals successfully.
- Don’t cut corners to save money. While some practices offer very low prices, this often comes at the cost of safety and surgical skill. It’s never worth it to sacrifice your well-being and satisfaction for the sake of finances, especially when it comes to medical procedures. Choosing trustworthy surgeons and facilities with track records of safety and success should be your priority.
If you would like to see examples of the breast augmentation results we create at Synergy Plastic Surgery, please visit our before-and-after photo gallery.
To learn more about breast augmentation here in Austin, TX, please contact us online or call (512) 244-1439.