Dermal fillers and Botox are a non-surgical method for treating the visible, unwanted effects of time, sun exposure, and genetics on your skin. These injectable treatments are most commonly used to address facial concerns but can also restore a youthful appearance to the hands. Injectable treatments are a great alternative for patients want to see quick results without having to undergo surgery and recovery.
At Synergy Plastic Surgery, our patient satisfaction is priority. At your consultation, our nurse injectors discuss your goals and design the safest and most effective treatment plan for each individual.
Our nurse injectors have over 25 years of collective experience in non-surgical cosmetic treatments and can help you decide what injectable treatments are right for you. Some factors that may make you a good candidate for this non-invasive treatment are discussed below:
You Need to Replace Lost Volume to Reduce Signs of Aging
In many cases, patients seek cosmetic improvements when they have developed signs of aging and desire a more youthful look. Dermal fillers are intended to replace lost volume that causes you to look less youthful, while Botox relaxes your muscles in order to treat lines and wrinkles. Treatment areas can include:
- Crow’s feet: These lines form in the shape of a crow’s foot at the outer corners of your eyes.
- Wrinkles: Wrinkles can form as a result of your common facial expressions and from the loss of collagen and skin elasticity.
- Fine lines: Fine lines are mild creases in the skin, as opposed deeper wrinkles.
- Frown lines: When the tissue between your eyebrows gathers into a fold, you can develop vertical lines in that area that give the impression that you are frowning when you are not.
- Nasolabial folds: These are more commonly known as smile lines or laugh lines. They are the lines that run from your nose to the corners of your mouth.
- Marionette lines: Vertical lines that start at the corners of your mouth and run downward are known as marionette lines.
- Sun Damage/Age Spots: Sun damage, age spots, wrinkles, veins and other conditions are easily and effectively reduced with the help of Laser Skin Rejuvenation or a VI Chemical Peel.
- Loss of volume/sunken cheeks: Aging can result in a loss of volume in your cheeks, causing a sunken, less youthful look.
- Dark under-eye circles: As the face loses volume and fat deposits are depleted, veins and capillaries can show through the skin more easily, resulting in dark circles/under eyes.
- Loss of volume in the back of your hands: Most commonly, your hands are one of the first things to show signs of aging. A dermal filler can be used to restore volume and give you younger looking hands.
- Loose or sagging skin on your neck: Like your hands, your neck is one of the first body parts to show signs of aging due to sun exposure, volume loss, and skin laxity.
Enhance Your Own Features
Another reason that patients opt for injectable treatments is to enhance or change the look of a specific feature. Fillers are increasingly being used by younger patients to create plumper lips, fuller cheeks, jaw definition, and can even be used on your hands. The appearance of acne scars or other facial scars can be reduced through the use of fillers as well!
Quick Results and Recovery
Several surgical procedures can give you dramatic and permanent results however, with the advent of dermal fillers, surgery is no longer necessary to treat many cases of minor volume loss and changes in skin appearance due to age or sun exposure. By opting for this non-invasive procedure instead of surgery, you get the benefits of:
- Short & convenient recovery time
- Lower risk
- Quick results
- More affordable
If you’re considering an injectable treatment, schedule a consultation with one of our fabulous nurse injectors today!
Consultations are always complimentary, and enough time is scheduled for the procedure if you choose to go forward with it.
Call us at (512) 244-1439 (Austin) or (512) 244-1444 (Round Rock) to schedule an appointment!